Modern medicine is truly a blessing. Advances are made with astonishing speed every day, using both science and technology to make our lives longer and healthier. But if the era of modern medicine began less than two hundred years ago, how did people treat sickness and poor health before then? This book holds the answer.
- By Julie Bruton-Seal and Matthew Seal.
- 224 page paperback.
- Updated and expanded 2nd edition.
- Researched and written by a practicing medical herbalist and natural healer.
- Features more than 120 easy herbal home remedies and fully illustrated with over 300 color photographs.
- Sections dealing with all kinds of emergency situations
- Great companion book to the Pocket Guide to Emergency First Aid
- Spiral binding lets pages lay flat for easy reading in the field
- Side tabs let you find the right chapter quickly
- Fully waterproof, dirt-proof, tear-proof, wind-proof, kid-proof.
- Pages are made of specially formulated, heat-treated, PVC plastic - polished, resin-coated polyvinylchloride polymer). Pages feature:
- Bright white printing surface - all printing is clear and precise
- Virtual indestructibility - the pages can't rip or tear, and the corners won't bend over
- Flexibility - pages can bend without breaking
- Washable surface - just wipe clean after use or wash in water
- Steel rule die cut with polished edges - the corners won't poke you while in your hand or in your pocket, as often happens with plastic printed materials
- Will not warp, fade or deteriorate. (Keep out of direct sunlight for prolonged periods - nothing can prevent the sun's ultraviolet rays from "yellowing" any kind of paper or plastic. Under normal conditions it will take years of use for these Pocket Guides to "yellow", and even then they will remain clear and perfectly readable!)
21 Essential Knots for Everyday Use Indoors or Outdoors! This compact little reference book includes knots for a wide range of functions, from home to work, hobby to play activities. No knot-tying jargon is used, no baffling technical terms--just simple step-by-step instructions and outstandingly clear line drawings. It's the perfectly portable knot reference for anyone--scouts, sailors, hunters, anglers, gardeners, farmers, horse riders, you name it! Among the knots in this book are: Overhand knot, Heaving line knot Reef knot, Sheetbend Fisherman's knot, Figure-of-eight loop, Bowline Three-part crown, Sheepshank Half-hitch, Clove hitch, Constrictor knot, Pile hitch, Highwayman's hitch, Waggoner's hitch, Timber hitch, Double-loop knot, Uni-knot, Blood knot, Square lashing, and more! Start learning these useful and practical knots today.
This is the illustrated official field manual used by US Army doctors and soldiers in the field. It offers profession, proven advice on dealing with infections, head injuries, fractures, burns, and more. For active-duty soldiers, first-responders, and anyone who might find themselves in a survival situation, it is a remarkable resource.
Military surgeons must assume a leadership role in combat casualty care in circumstances that are far less than ideal. This handbook provides much of the information needed to tackle these issues and features state-of-the-art principles and practices of forward trauma surgery as used by military physicians in far flung locations around the globe. Subjects include:
- Hemorrhage Control
- Shock and Resuscitation
- Vascular Access
- Face and Neck Injuries
- Thoracic Injuries
- Wounds and Injuries of the Spinal Column and Cord
- Radiological Injuries
- Biological Warfare Agents
- Chemical Injuries
- And much more!
Featuring nearly 200 illustrations demonstrating proper techniques, Emergency War Surgery is the most trusted and up-to-date manual offered by the Department of Defense for military medical personnel in the field.
In Bushcraft Survival, Pantenburg delivers practical tips and anecdotes that cater to readers who are looking to improve their outdoor skills and prepare for every potential disaster. Drawing from his personal experience as an avid outdoorsman and years as a journalist, Pantenburg lays out easy-to-follow steps to prep for both short and long-term survival situations.
As natural disasters become increasingly present and people continue to rely on reality television shows for survival tips, developing bushcraft abilities is becoming more and more important. In this thorough handbook, Pantenburg covers a wide range of topics, including:
- Developing a survival mindset
- Crafting survival kits
- Choosing clothing best suited to survival
- Picking materials and objects to help you survive
- Building a variety of shelters
- Deciding what survival tools you should pack and which you should leave at home
- Effectively make a fire using different techniques
Filled with time-tested techniques and first-hand experience, Bushcraft Survival is the ideal book for those who want to step up their hiking or camping game, as well as those who are searching for relevant advice on emergency preparedness.
Many have died in the Australian bush who might have lived had they known the appropriate survival skills. Bushcraft covers all areas of survival and camping activities: making ropes and cords, building huts, camp craft, finding food and water, making maps, starting fires, tying knots, and fashioning hunting and trapping gear virtually every technique required to stay alive in the woods. With over 400 black-and-white illustrations and photographs, this book explains how to make use of natural materials found locally in any area, conserving instead of destroying native Flora and fauna. It describes many of the skills used by primitive man, adding to these the skills necessary for modern man's survival, such as methods for determining time and direction. By developing adaptability and honing the five senses, it will also improve your self-esteem and your ability to overcome difficulties in everyday tasks. Bushcraft is a clear, accurate, and reliable resource for anyone who wishes to face nature on its own terms with just a knife and this book.