A post-apocalyptic thriller of the after effects in the United States after a terrifying terrorist attack using electromagnetic pulse weapons.
New York Times best selling author William R. Forstchen now brings us a story which can be all too terrifyingly real...a story in which one man struggles to save his family and his small North Carolina town after America loses a war, in one second, a war that will send America back to the Dark Ages...A war based upon a weapon, an Electro Magnetic Pulse (EMP). A weapon that may already be in the hands of our enemies.
Months before publication, One Second After has already been cited on the floor of Congress as a book all Americans should read, a book already being discussed in the corridors of the Pentagon as a truly realistic look at a weapon and its awesome power to destroy the entire United States, literally within one second. It is a weapon that the Wall Street Journal warns could shatter America. In the tradition of On the Beach, Fail Safe and Testament, this book, set in a typical American town, is a dire warning of what might be our future...and our end.
Many have died in the Australian bush who might have lived had they known the appropriate survival skills. Bushcraft covers all areas of survival and camping activities: making ropes and cords, building huts, camp craft, finding food and water, making maps, starting fires, tying knots, and fashioning hunting and trapping gear virtually every technique required to stay alive in the woods. With over 400 black-and-white illustrations and photographs, this book explains how to make use of natural materials found locally in any area, conserving instead of destroying native Flora and fauna. It describes many of the skills used by primitive man, adding to these the skills necessary for modern man's survival, such as methods for determining time and direction. By developing adaptability and honing the five senses, it will also improve your self-esteem and your ability to overcome difficulties in everyday tasks. Bushcraft is a clear, accurate, and reliable resource for anyone who wishes to face nature on its own terms with just a knife and this book.
Features of Pocket Guide to Emergency First Aid from Pocket Guides Publishing:
- Sections dealing with all kinds of medical emergency situations
- Great companion guidebook to the Pocket Guide to Outdoor Survival
- Spiral binding lets pages lay flat for easy reading in the field
- Side tabs let you find the right chapter quickly
- Fully waterproof (tested by soaking in water for months on end), and astonishingly durable - dirt-proof, tear-proof, wind-proof, kid-proof.
- Pages are made of specially formulated, heat-treated, PVC plastic - polished, resin-coated polyvinylchloride polymer). Pages feature:
- Bright white printing surface - all printing is clear and precise
- Virtual indestructibility - the pages can't rip or tear, and the corners won't bend over
- Flexibility - pages can bend without breaking
- Washable surface - just wipe clean after use or wash in water
- Steel rule die cut with polished edges - the corners won't poke you while in your hand or in your pocket, as often happens with plastic printed materials
- Will not warp, fade or deteriorate. (Keep out of direct sunlight for prolonged periods - nothing can prevent the sun's ultraviolet rays from "yellowing" any kind of paper or plastic. Under normal conditions it will take years of use for these Pocket Guides to "yellow", and even then they will remain clear and perfectly readable!)
Knife and Tomahawk Throwing by Harry K. McEvoy. 28 pages.
This is the illustrated official field manual used by US Army doctors and soldiers in the field. It offers profession, proven advice on dealing with infections, head injuries, fractures, burns, and more. For active-duty soldiers, first-responders, and anyone who might find themselves in a survival situation, it is a remarkable resource.
Military surgeons must assume a leadership role in combat casualty care in circumstances that are far less than ideal. This handbook provides much of the information needed to tackle these issues and features state-of-the-art principles and practices of forward trauma surgery as used by military physicians in far flung locations around the globe. Subjects include:
- Hemorrhage Control
- Shock and Resuscitation
- Vascular Access
- Face and Neck Injuries
- Thoracic Injuries
- Wounds and Injuries of the Spinal Column and Cord
- Radiological Injuries
- Biological Warfare Agents
- Chemical Injuries
- And much more!
Featuring nearly 200 illustrations demonstrating proper techniques, Emergency War Surgery is the most trusted and up-to-date manual offered by the Department of Defense for military medical personnel in the field.