As consumerism and a meat-heavy, processed diet become the norm and the world's population continues to grow at an exponential rate, more and more people are looking toward a more sustainable path for food. Authors Douglas Boudreau and Mykel Hawke believe that the future of food lies in the wild foods of times spanning back to before the mass-agriculture system of today.
People have become distanced from the very systems that provide their food, and younger generations are increasingly unable to identify even the trees in their backyards. In response, Boudreau and Hawke have provided a compendium of wild edible plants in North America. Foraging for Survival is a comprehensive breakdown of different plant species from bearded lichen to taro, and from all over the United States. There are also tips for growing local native plants in the backyard to facilitate learning and enhance table fare at home. Other information you'll find inside:
- A list of different types of edible wild plants
- Foraging techniques
- Bugs and other grubs that can be consumed
- Warning signs of poisonous plants
- And much more!
Whether you're a hiker taking a walk through your local wilderness, or chef looking for new ingredients to incorporate in your dishes, Foraging for Survival is the book for you!
Disaster can strike at any time with no warning. Most people aren’t forward-thinking enough to prepare for the worst, and others simply don’t have the skills needed to successfully prepare. That’s where Badass Preppers Handbook comes in. Covering a wide variety of disaster scenarios with detailed instructions for what you need to do in each one, this book will help you to be ready for anything in no time at all. Learn such things as:
How to fortify your home
How to preserve and store food and water for years
What should go in your bug-out” bag
How to cook off the grid
What firearms and ammo will best help you survive the apocalypse
With this ultimate guide in disaster survival, you’ll be ready to protect yourself, your family, your neighbors, and your pets, no matter what the disaster is.
With a Swiss Army Knife in your pocket and a copy of "Outdoors with Your Pocket Knife" in your pack, you have everything you need to create a fun, safe, and adventurous wilderness camp. This compact, comprehensive guide shows you how to develop your outdoor skills with simple, clear instructions. From ideas on how to use natural materials to carve cutlery and bowls, to tips on weaving your own plates, this is the ultimate manual for self-sufficiency and survival skills. It even offers suggestions for cooking over a fire, featuring ingenious recipes like chicken roasted on a water-operated grill skewer. With engaging activities for all ages, essential safety rules, and knife application techniques, everyone who is wild at heart should have a copy of this book.
Today's society is one in which we, as individuals, are constantly barraged by the threat of domestic terrorism. The ever-present fear for your safety and the safety of those we love can overwhelm you if you aren’t sure how to protect yourself. Luckily, distinguished combat veteran Brian M. Morris's Green Beret Survival Guide is here to help ease your fears.
Using his firsthand knowledge from the field as a Green Beret, Morris concisely outlines the steps that are necessary towards increasing one’s personal safety. Over the course of several chapters, Morris describes the importance of situational awareness, meaning staying alert, being aware of your surroundings, and understanding the reality of threats that you may face in any given situation. An individual with good situational awareness never takes anything for granted and makes security a part of his or her daily routine. By being observant and practicing several different methods of observation, one can avoid falling prey to terrorist, thieves, and other criminals.
Features of Pocket Guide to Emergency First Aid from Pocket Guides Publishing:
- Sections dealing with all kinds of medical emergency situations
- Great companion guidebook to the Pocket Guide to Outdoor Survival
- Spiral binding lets pages lay flat for easy reading in the field
- Side tabs let you find the right chapter quickly
- Fully waterproof (tested by soaking in water for months on end), and astonishingly durable - dirt-proof, tear-proof, wind-proof, kid-proof.
- Pages are made of specially formulated, heat-treated, PVC plastic - polished, resin-coated polyvinylchloride polymer). Pages feature:
- Bright white printing surface - all printing is clear and precise
- Virtual indestructibility - the pages can't rip or tear, and the corners won't bend over
- Flexibility - pages can bend without breaking
- Washable surface - just wipe clean after use or wash in water
- Steel rule die cut with polished edges - the corners won't poke you while in your hand or in your pocket, as often happens with plastic printed materials
- Will not warp, fade or deteriorate. (Keep out of direct sunlight for prolonged periods - nothing can prevent the sun's ultraviolet rays from "yellowing" any kind of paper or plastic. Under normal conditions it will take years of use for these Pocket Guides to "yellow", and even then they will remain clear and perfectly readable!)
The Pocket Guide To Animals / Tracks lets you decipher the clues left behind in nature. Fully illustrated, the Pocket Guide to Animal Tracks features illustrations of numerous birds and other animals, with their tracks alongside, so you can quickly and easily figure out the tracks you're looking at. A ruler along the page edge lets you size the footprints you find for even better identification. The Pocket Guide to Animals and Tracks is a must-have for anyone who spends time outdoors, from hikers and backpackers to birders and nature lovers!