Learn How to Start a Fire, Even When It Seems Impossible!
Since the dawn of mankind, fire has been a staple of survival. Whether it is used to keep warm, cook food, or scare away predators, fire is an essential element, one that is almost impossible for humans to live without. But with society's current dependence on modern tools and technology, many persons would have no idea how to start a fire without matches or a lighter. In an emergency situation, a lack of knowledge about it could easily prove fatal.
In Guide to Making Fire without Matches, survival expert Christopher Nyerges provides readers with all the skills that they may need to start a fire without modern tools. The book begins by covering the history and lore surrounding fire, and then moves on to describe, in detail, the four main methods through which fire is made: friction, the sun, electricity, and chemistry. Additional topics include:
How to make a fire in the rain
The best locations to build a fire
Safety precautions to take when around fire
How to tend your fire
How to make a signal fire
Different ways to cook with fire
And much more!
With helpful diagrams, illustrations, and sidebars, Guide to Making Fire without Matches is the ultimate reference book for learning about an essential element.
Knife and Tomahawk Throwing by Harry K. McEvoy. 28 pages.
Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the wilderness!
- Survival is a specialist field in the world of outdoors skills both practical and mental. Something that becomes more relevant with each passing year as we become more and more detached from the natural world – even those of us with a love of the outdoors.
- What would you do if the worst happened? How would you find your way back if you were lost? Could you survive several days in the wilds, without contact with the outside world ?
- These questions and more will be answered within the pages of this book.
- Outdoors the Scandinavian Way – Survival Skills contains a wealth of practical information, from how we can use the skills and knowledge of indigenous peoples to help us hone our survival skills, to how to build shelter, make fire, procure safe, drinkable water, obtain food, and how to use certain edible plants.
- This is a must read book by one of the world’s great outdoor experts.
Disaster can strike at any time with no warning. Most people aren’t forward-thinking enough to prepare for the worst, and others simply don’t have the skills needed to successfully prepare. That’s where Badass Preppers Handbook comes in. Covering a wide variety of disaster scenarios with detailed instructions for what you need to do in each one, this book will help you to be ready for anything in no time at all. Learn such things as:
How to fortify your home
How to preserve and store food and water for years
What should go in your bug-out” bag
How to cook off the grid
What firearms and ammo will best help you survive the apocalypse
With this ultimate guide in disaster survival, you’ll be ready to protect yourself, your family, your neighbors, and your pets, no matter what the disaster is.
In the chaos of a survival situation, firearms will be important tools for protecting yourself, your family, and your supplies as well as for hunting animals for food. In A Prepper’s Guide to Shotguns, Robert K. Campbell discusses the best shotguns to have with you in any confrontation—including the end of the world as we know it. Shotguns that are easy to carry and lightweight and that shoot accurately and reliably at close ranges are ideal candidates for personal protection. In A Prepper’s Guide to Shotguns, Campbell explores specific shotguns that are appropriate for urban, rural, and suburban environments, with tips on how to use them in each context. Whether at home or in a survival scenario, these shotguns are the best for defense. A Prepper’s Guide to Shotguns not only reviews the specific features of defensive shotguns but how to use them—whether on the move, in a defensive situation, while retreating, or in other circumstances. Campbell also offers expert tips on how to improve your marksmanship, how to maintain your firearms, crucial gun safety rules, what ammo and optics to purchase, and more.
In Bushcraft Survival, Pantenburg delivers practical tips and anecdotes that cater to readers who are looking to improve their outdoor skills and prepare for every potential disaster. Drawing from his personal experience as an avid outdoorsman and years as a journalist, Pantenburg lays out easy-to-follow steps to prep for both short and long-term survival situations.
As natural disasters become increasingly present and people continue to rely on reality television shows for survival tips, developing bushcraft abilities is becoming more and more important. In this thorough handbook, Pantenburg covers a wide range of topics, including:
- Developing a survival mindset
- Crafting survival kits
- Choosing clothing best suited to survival
- Picking materials and objects to help you survive
- Building a variety of shelters
- Deciding what survival tools you should pack and which you should leave at home
- Effectively make a fire using different techniques
Filled with time-tested techniques and first-hand experience, Bushcraft Survival is the ideal book for those who want to step up their hiking or camping game, as well as those who are searching for relevant advice on emergency preparedness.