Learn How to Start a Fire, Even When It Seems Impossible!
Since the dawn of mankind, fire has been a staple of survival. Whether it is used to keep warm, cook food, or scare away predators, fire is an essential element, one that is almost impossible for humans to live without. But with society's current dependence on modern tools and technology, many persons would have no idea how to start a fire without matches or a lighter. In an emergency situation, a lack of knowledge about it could easily prove fatal.
In Guide to Making Fire without Matches, survival expert Christopher Nyerges provides readers with all the skills that they may need to start a fire without modern tools. The book begins by covering the history and lore surrounding fire, and then moves on to describe, in detail, the four main methods through which fire is made: friction, the sun, electricity, and chemistry. Additional topics include:
How to make a fire in the rain
The best locations to build a fire
Safety precautions to take when around fire
How to tend your fire
How to make a signal fire
Different ways to cook with fire
And much more!
With helpful diagrams, illustrations, and sidebars, Guide to Making Fire without Matches is the ultimate reference book for learning about an essential element.
Learn how to navigate without a compass, even when it seems impossible!
Whether we are walking or driving, whether in the woods, on the water, or in the city, it&;s vital that we know where we are and are able to find our way around. But with society&;s current dependence on modern tools and technology, many persons would have no idea how to navigate without a compass or GPS. In an emergency situation, that lack of knowledge could easily prove fatal.
In The Ultimate Guide to Navigating without a Compass, survival expert Christopher Nyerges provides readers with all the skills that they may need to navigate naturally. The book begins by describing the meaning of natural navigation, and then moves on to describe, in detail, the methods of natural navigation, including using the sun, the stars, the moon, and shadows. Additional topics include:
- How to read a map
- How to make a sun dial
- How to make a star dial
- How to use clouds to predict weather patterns
- How to track celestial changes
- How to gauge time through natural observation
- And much more!
With helpful diagrams, illustrations, and sidebars, The Ultimate Guide to Navigating without a Compass is the fundamental reference book for learning how to navigate by natural methods.
Features of Pocket Guide to Emergency First Aid from Pocket Guides Publishing:
- Sections dealing with all kinds of medical emergency situations
- Great companion guidebook to the Pocket Guide to Outdoor Survival
- Spiral binding lets pages lay flat for easy reading in the field
- Side tabs let you find the right chapter quickly
- Fully waterproof (tested by soaking in water for months on end), and astonishingly durable - dirt-proof, tear-proof, wind-proof, kid-proof.
- Pages are made of specially formulated, heat-treated, PVC plastic - polished, resin-coated polyvinylchloride polymer). Pages feature:
- Bright white printing surface - all printing is clear and precise
- Virtual indestructibility - the pages can't rip or tear, and the corners won't bend over
- Flexibility - pages can bend without breaking
- Washable surface - just wipe clean after use or wash in water
- Steel rule die cut with polished edges - the corners won't poke you while in your hand or in your pocket, as often happens with plastic printed materials
- Will not warp, fade or deteriorate. (Keep out of direct sunlight for prolonged periods - nothing can prevent the sun's ultraviolet rays from "yellowing" any kind of paper or plastic. Under normal conditions it will take years of use for these Pocket Guides to "yellow", and even then they will remain clear and perfectly readable!)
Today's society is one in which we, as individuals, are constantly barraged by the threat of domestic terrorism. The ever-present fear for your safety and the safety of those we love can overwhelm you if you aren’t sure how to protect yourself. Luckily, distinguished combat veteran Brian M. Morris's Green Beret Survival Guide is here to help ease your fears.
Using his firsthand knowledge from the field as a Green Beret, Morris concisely outlines the steps that are necessary towards increasing one’s personal safety. Over the course of several chapters, Morris describes the importance of situational awareness, meaning staying alert, being aware of your surroundings, and understanding the reality of threats that you may face in any given situation. An individual with good situational awareness never takes anything for granted and makes security a part of his or her daily routine. By being observant and practicing several different methods of observation, one can avoid falling prey to terrorist, thieves, and other criminals.
Knife and Tomahawk Throwing by Harry K. McEvoy. 28 pages.
Essential Skills to Survive Any Crisis You're a backpacker or a hunter lost in the woods after sundown; what do you do? Your car flips over on an empty highway; how will you survive until morning? If you were left alone in the middle of the wilderness, would you be able to make it? While current technology, such as cell phones and GPS, is helpful, when you are lost in the wilderness the best things you can rely on are your own skills. Badass Survival Secrets will introduce you to everything that you need to survive when the unexpected happens. In this book you'll learn basic survival skills such as:- How to build a fire- How to find clean water- How to find food that is safe to eat- How to build a shelter- Basic navigation From the forest, to the tundra, and everywhere in between, Badass Survival Secrets contains all that you need to become a badass survivalist expert. Specifications:- Number of Pages: 128- Size: 6" x 9"- Type: Softcover.