With a Swiss Army Knife in your pocket and a copy of "Outdoors with Your Pocket Knife" in your pack, you have everything you need to create a fun, safe, and adventurous wilderness camp. This compact, comprehensive guide shows you how to develop your outdoor skills with simple, clear instructions. From ideas on how to use natural materials to carve cutlery and bowls, to tips on weaving your own plates, this is the ultimate manual for self-sufficiency and survival skills. It even offers suggestions for cooking over a fire, featuring ingenious recipes like chicken roasted on a water-operated grill skewer. With engaging activities for all ages, essential safety rules, and knife application techniques, everyone who is wild at heart should have a copy of this book.
In Paracord!, you'll find step-by-step instructions to take you through every project. Each step is accompanied by a color photo that clearly illustrates the process.
Todd Mikkelsen's Paracord! offers a diverse collection of projects that utilize parachute cords—known around the world as paracord. Used by paratroopers and other military personnel during World War II, this lightweight nylon rope is now one of the most sought-after materials by crafters. Its durability and flexibility make it perfect for creating everyday accessories such as belts, bracelets, buckles, necklaces, dog leashes and collars, key chains, and more. Projects include:
Two-Color Solomon Bar Bracelet
Shark Jaw Bone Bracelit
Locked Half Hitch Bracelet
West Country Whipping Inverted Bracelet
Genoese Quick Deploy Strap
Zipper Quick Deploy Sinnet
Three-VBord Braid Necklace with Breakaway Clasmps
And many more.
As you will see, this rope comes in various colors, from army green to hot pink, making it easy to personalize every type of project. Mikkelsen includes introductory chapters preparing your paracord for crafting, tying different types of knots, and caring for and cleaning your completed paracord projects.
Features of Pocket Guide to Emergency First Aid from Pocket Guides Publishing:
- Sections dealing with all kinds of medical emergency situations
- Great companion guidebook to the Pocket Guide to Outdoor Survival
- Spiral binding lets pages lay flat for easy reading in the field
- Side tabs let you find the right chapter quickly
- Fully waterproof (tested by soaking in water for months on end), and astonishingly durable - dirt-proof, tear-proof, wind-proof, kid-proof.
- Pages are made of specially formulated, heat-treated, PVC plastic - polished, resin-coated polyvinylchloride polymer). Pages feature:
- Bright white printing surface - all printing is clear and precise
- Virtual indestructibility - the pages can't rip or tear, and the corners won't bend over
- Flexibility - pages can bend without breaking
- Washable surface - just wipe clean after use or wash in water
- Steel rule die cut with polished edges - the corners won't poke you while in your hand or in your pocket, as often happens with plastic printed materials
- Will not warp, fade or deteriorate. (Keep out of direct sunlight for prolonged periods - nothing can prevent the sun's ultraviolet rays from "yellowing" any kind of paper or plastic. Under normal conditions it will take years of use for these Pocket Guides to "yellow", and even then they will remain clear and perfectly readable!)
Now outdoorsman and survivalists can own the official US Army guide to edible plants. Whether you are a stranded soldier, a wilderness hiker, or you just want to know which plants growing in your backyard are edible, this is an invaluable resource.
Anyone who has spent serious time outdoors knows that in survival situations, wild plants are often the only sustenance available. The proper identification of these plants can mean the difference between survival and death.
This book describes habitat and distribution, physical characteristics, and edible parts of wild plants—the key elements of identification.
Hugely important to the book are its color photos. There are over one hundred of them, further simplifying the identification of poisonous and edible plants. No serious outdoors person should ever hit the trail without this book and the knowledge contained within it.
This is the illustrated official field manual used by US Army doctors and soldiers in the field. It offers profession, proven advice on dealing with infections, head injuries, fractures, burns, and more. For active-duty soldiers, first-responders, and anyone who might find themselves in a survival situation, it is a remarkable resource.
Military surgeons must assume a leadership role in combat casualty care in circumstances that are far less than ideal. This handbook provides much of the information needed to tackle these issues and features state-of-the-art principles and practices of forward trauma surgery as used by military physicians in far flung locations around the globe. Subjects include:
- Hemorrhage Control
- Shock and Resuscitation
- Vascular Access
- Face and Neck Injuries
- Thoracic Injuries
- Wounds and Injuries of the Spinal Column and Cord
- Radiological Injuries
- Biological Warfare Agents
- Chemical Injuries
- And much more!
Featuring nearly 200 illustrations demonstrating proper techniques, Emergency War Surgery is the most trusted and up-to-date manual offered by the Department of Defense for military medical personnel in the field.
In Bushcraft Survival, Pantenburg delivers practical tips and anecdotes that cater to readers who are looking to improve their outdoor skills and prepare for every potential disaster. Drawing from his personal experience as an avid outdoorsman and years as a journalist, Pantenburg lays out easy-to-follow steps to prep for both short and long-term survival situations.
As natural disasters become increasingly present and people continue to rely on reality television shows for survival tips, developing bushcraft abilities is becoming more and more important. In this thorough handbook, Pantenburg covers a wide range of topics, including:
- Developing a survival mindset
- Crafting survival kits
- Choosing clothing best suited to survival
- Picking materials and objects to help you survive
- Building a variety of shelters
- Deciding what survival tools you should pack and which you should leave at home
- Effectively make a fire using different techniques
Filled with time-tested techniques and first-hand experience, Bushcraft Survival is the ideal book for those who want to step up their hiking or camping game, as well as those who are searching for relevant advice on emergency preparedness.