Here is the Official US Army guide to staying alive in survival situations—and making your way to safety, no matter the obstacles!
Compiled from the most relevant and important survival information offered by current U.S. Army personnel, and proved by past experience, this handy and concise guide will equip readers to survive in life-threatening conditions and make their way to safety. Topics include:
- water and food procurement and preservation
- plant medicine,
- personal protection
- survival in nuclear, biological, and chemical conditions
- tips for traveling in ice and snow
- evasion of pursuit
- navigation to safety
- radio communications and signaling
- rules for avoiding illness or harm in adverse conditions
- and more
U.S. Army Survival, Evasion, and Recovery covers a surprising array of essential information in straightforward, no-nonsense terms. This handbook is a must-have for military buffs and an indispensable survival guide for anyone venturing into the wilderness. While it is designed for use in formal military training, it is also useful for the general reader seeking a comprehensive and complete manual of outdoor survival techniques.
With a Swiss Army Knife in your pocket and a copy of "Outdoors with Your Pocket Knife" in your pack, you have everything you need to create a fun, safe, and adventurous wilderness camp. This compact, comprehensive guide shows you how to develop your outdoor skills with simple, clear instructions. From ideas on how to use natural materials to carve cutlery and bowls, to tips on weaving your own plates, this is the ultimate manual for self-sufficiency and survival skills. It even offers suggestions for cooking over a fire, featuring ingenious recipes like chicken roasted on a water-operated grill skewer. With engaging activities for all ages, essential safety rules, and knife application techniques, everyone who is wild at heart should have a copy of this book.
This is the illustrated official field manual used by US Army doctors and soldiers in the field. It offers profession, proven advice on dealing with infections, head injuries, fractures, burns, and more. For active-duty soldiers, first-responders, and anyone who might find themselves in a survival situation, it is a remarkable resource.
Military surgeons must assume a leadership role in combat casualty care in circumstances that are far less than ideal. This handbook provides much of the information needed to tackle these issues and features state-of-the-art principles and practices of forward trauma surgery as used by military physicians in far flung locations around the globe. Subjects include:
- Hemorrhage Control
- Shock and Resuscitation
- Vascular Access
- Face and Neck Injuries
- Thoracic Injuries
- Wounds and Injuries of the Spinal Column and Cord
- Radiological Injuries
- Biological Warfare Agents
- Chemical Injuries
- And much more!
Featuring nearly 200 illustrations demonstrating proper techniques, Emergency War Surgery is the most trusted and up-to-date manual offered by the Department of Defense for military medical personnel in the field.
Now outdoorsman and survivalists can own the official US Army guide to edible plants. Whether you are a stranded soldier, a wilderness hiker, or you just want to know which plants growing in your backyard are edible, this is an invaluable resource.
Anyone who has spent serious time outdoors knows that in survival situations, wild plants are often the only sustenance available. The proper identification of these plants can mean the difference between survival and death.
This book describes habitat and distribution, physical characteristics, and edible parts of wild plants—the key elements of identification.
Hugely important to the book are its color photos. There are over one hundred of them, further simplifying the identification of poisonous and edible plants. No serious outdoors person should ever hit the trail without this book and the knowledge contained within it.
Learn How to Start a Fire, Even When It Seems Impossible!
Since the dawn of mankind, fire has been a staple of survival. Whether it is used to keep warm, cook food, or scare away predators, fire is an essential element, one that is almost impossible for humans to live without. But with society's current dependence on modern tools and technology, many persons would have no idea how to start a fire without matches or a lighter. In an emergency situation, a lack of knowledge about it could easily prove fatal.
In Guide to Making Fire without Matches, survival expert Christopher Nyerges provides readers with all the skills that they may need to start a fire without modern tools. The book begins by covering the history and lore surrounding fire, and then moves on to describe, in detail, the four main methods through which fire is made: friction, the sun, electricity, and chemistry. Additional topics include:
How to make a fire in the rain
The best locations to build a fire
Safety precautions to take when around fire
How to tend your fire
How to make a signal fire
Different ways to cook with fire
And much more!
With helpful diagrams, illustrations, and sidebars, Guide to Making Fire without Matches is the ultimate reference book for learning about an essential element.
- Sections dealing with all kinds of emergency situations
- Great companion book to the Pocket Guide to Emergency First Aid
- Spiral binding lets pages lay flat for easy reading in the field
- Side tabs let you find the right chapter quickly
- Fully waterproof, dirt-proof, tear-proof, wind-proof, kid-proof.
- Pages are made of specially formulated, heat-treated, PVC plastic - polished, resin-coated polyvinylchloride polymer). Pages feature:
- Bright white printing surface - all printing is clear and precise
- Virtual indestructibility - the pages can't rip or tear, and the corners won't bend over
- Flexibility - pages can bend without breaking
- Washable surface - just wipe clean after use or wash in water
- Steel rule die cut with polished edges - the corners won't poke you while in your hand or in your pocket, as often happens with plastic printed materials
- Will not warp, fade or deteriorate. (Keep out of direct sunlight for prolonged periods - nothing can prevent the sun's ultraviolet rays from "yellowing" any kind of paper or plastic. Under normal conditions it will take years of use for these Pocket Guides to "yellow", and even then they will remain clear and perfectly readable!)