Now outdoorsman and survivalists can own the official US Army guide to edible plants. Whether you are a stranded soldier, a wilderness hiker, or you just want to know which plants growing in your backyard are edible, this is an invaluable resource.
Anyone who has spent serious time outdoors knows that in survival situations, wild plants are often the only sustenance available. The proper identification of these plants can mean the difference between survival and death.
This book describes habitat and distribution, physical characteristics, and edible parts of wild plants—the key elements of identification.
Hugely important to the book are its color photos. There are over one hundred of them, further simplifying the identification of poisonous and edible plants. No serious outdoors person should ever hit the trail without this book and the knowledge contained within it.
In Bushcraft Survival, Pantenburg delivers practical tips and anecdotes that cater to readers who are looking to improve their outdoor skills and prepare for every potential disaster. Drawing from his personal experience as an avid outdoorsman and years as a journalist, Pantenburg lays out easy-to-follow steps to prep for both short and long-term survival situations.
As natural disasters become increasingly present and people continue to rely on reality television shows for survival tips, developing bushcraft abilities is becoming more and more important. In this thorough handbook, Pantenburg covers a wide range of topics, including:
- Developing a survival mindset
- Crafting survival kits
- Choosing clothing best suited to survival
- Picking materials and objects to help you survive
- Building a variety of shelters
- Deciding what survival tools you should pack and which you should leave at home
- Effectively make a fire using different techniques
Filled with time-tested techniques and first-hand experience, Bushcraft Survival is the ideal book for those who want to step up their hiking or camping game, as well as those who are searching for relevant advice on emergency preparedness.
A post-apocalyptic thriller of the after effects in the United States after a terrifying terrorist attack using electromagnetic pulse weapons.
New York Times best selling author William R. Forstchen now brings us a story which can be all too terrifyingly real...a story in which one man struggles to save his family and his small North Carolina town after America loses a war, in one second, a war that will send America back to the Dark Ages...A war based upon a weapon, an Electro Magnetic Pulse (EMP). A weapon that may already be in the hands of our enemies.
Months before publication, One Second After has already been cited on the floor of Congress as a book all Americans should read, a book already being discussed in the corridors of the Pentagon as a truly realistic look at a weapon and its awesome power to destroy the entire United States, literally within one second. It is a weapon that the Wall Street Journal warns could shatter America. In the tradition of On the Beach, Fail Safe and Testament, this book, set in a typical American town, is a dire warning of what might be our future...and our end.
Learn How to Start a Fire, Even When It Seems Impossible!
Since the dawn of mankind, fire has been a staple of survival. Whether it is used to keep warm, cook food, or scare away predators, fire is an essential element, one that is almost impossible for humans to live without. But with society's current dependence on modern tools and technology, many persons would have no idea how to start a fire without matches or a lighter. In an emergency situation, a lack of knowledge about it could easily prove fatal.
In Guide to Making Fire without Matches, survival expert Christopher Nyerges provides readers with all the skills that they may need to start a fire without modern tools. The book begins by covering the history and lore surrounding fire, and then moves on to describe, in detail, the four main methods through which fire is made: friction, the sun, electricity, and chemistry. Additional topics include:
How to make a fire in the rain
The best locations to build a fire
Safety precautions to take when around fire
How to tend your fire
How to make a signal fire
Different ways to cook with fire
And much more!
With helpful diagrams, illustrations, and sidebars, Guide to Making Fire without Matches is the ultimate reference book for learning about an essential element.
In the chaos of a survival situation, firearms will be important tools for protecting yourself, your family, and your supplies as well as for hunting animals for food. In A Prepper’s Guide to Shotguns, Robert K. Campbell discusses the best shotguns to have with you in any confrontation—including the end of the world as we know it. Shotguns that are easy to carry and lightweight and that shoot accurately and reliably at close ranges are ideal candidates for personal protection. In A Prepper’s Guide to Shotguns, Campbell explores specific shotguns that are appropriate for urban, rural, and suburban environments, with tips on how to use them in each context. Whether at home or in a survival scenario, these shotguns are the best for defense. A Prepper’s Guide to Shotguns not only reviews the specific features of defensive shotguns but how to use them—whether on the move, in a defensive situation, while retreating, or in other circumstances. Campbell also offers expert tips on how to improve your marksmanship, how to maintain your firearms, crucial gun safety rules, what ammo and optics to purchase, and more.
Features of Pocket Guide to Emergency First Aid from Pocket Guides Publishing:
- Sections dealing with all kinds of medical emergency situations
- Great companion guidebook to the Pocket Guide to Outdoor Survival
- Spiral binding lets pages lay flat for easy reading in the field
- Side tabs let you find the right chapter quickly
- Fully waterproof (tested by soaking in water for months on end), and astonishingly durable - dirt-proof, tear-proof, wind-proof, kid-proof.
- Pages are made of specially formulated, heat-treated, PVC plastic - polished, resin-coated polyvinylchloride polymer). Pages feature:
- Bright white printing surface - all printing is clear and precise
- Virtual indestructibility - the pages can't rip or tear, and the corners won't bend over
- Flexibility - pages can bend without breaking
- Washable surface - just wipe clean after use or wash in water
- Steel rule die cut with polished edges - the corners won't poke you while in your hand or in your pocket, as often happens with plastic printed materials
- Will not warp, fade or deteriorate. (Keep out of direct sunlight for prolonged periods - nothing can prevent the sun's ultraviolet rays from "yellowing" any kind of paper or plastic. Under normal conditions it will take years of use for these Pocket Guides to "yellow", and even then they will remain clear and perfectly readable!)