In Total Survival, veteran survivalist James C. Jones delivers tips that cover the most likely needs of readers and for which there is useful and practical instruction. His goal is to share a variety of practical survival skills, principles, and ideas in an easy-to read format that will aid the reader in becoming stronger, safer, and more self-reliant.
The ten principles of survival that Jones sets out are derived from analysis of true survival accounts. Studies of why some people survived fires, plane crashes, assaults, and other deadly situations while others in the same situations perished confirm that these principles made the difference. His table of contents includes:
- 1: Ten Principles of Survival (including Anticipate and Stay Calm)
- 2: Ten Disasters to Prepare For (including Home Fire While Asleep and Home Invasion by Intruder).
- 3: Ten Items for the Prepared Home (including Emergency Plans and Packs)
- 4: Ten Items You Should Always Carry (including a Miniature LED flashlight and a Whistle)
- 5: Ten Things You Should Have in Your Survival Pack(s) (including Water and Weapons)
- 6: Ten Ways to Avoid and Survive Street Crime (including Carjacking and Active Shooter)
- 7: Ten Self-Defense Moves You Should Know (including Front Choke Counter and Handgun Defenses)
- 8: Ten Medical Skills You Should Know (including Cardiac Arrest and Shock)
- 9: Ten Ways to Gather and Purify Water (including Boiling Water and Distillation)
- 10: Ten Ways to Gather and Store Food (including Foraging and Trapping)
- 11: Ten Ways to Start and Maintain a Fire (including Fire by Flit and Steel and Fire by Solar Heat
- 12: Ten Shelters You Should Know How to Build (including Fallout Shelters and Snow Shelters)
- 13: Terrorism
Although the data and concepts in Total Survival are derived from accounts of acute disasters—such as tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, and epidemics—they apply equally well to chronic disasters, such as economic decline, shortages, unemployment, climate change, and personal family or health issues.
In reality, all of life is a survival challenge, and a survival emergency is just a high-intensity life test. These ten survival principles are the key to success in everyday life, especially during an emergency.
Essential Skills to Survive Any Crisis You're a backpacker or a hunter lost in the woods after sundown; what do you do? Your car flips over on an empty highway; how will you survive until morning? If you were left alone in the middle of the wilderness, would you be able to make it? While current technology, such as cell phones and GPS, is helpful, when you are lost in the wilderness the best things you can rely on are your own skills. Badass Survival Secrets will introduce you to everything that you need to survive when the unexpected happens. In this book you'll learn basic survival skills such as:- How to build a fire- How to find clean water- How to find food that is safe to eat- How to build a shelter- Basic navigation From the forest, to the tundra, and everywhere in between, Badass Survival Secrets contains all that you need to become a badass survivalist expert. Specifications:- Number of Pages: 128- Size: 6" x 9"- Type: Softcover.
- Sections dealing with all kinds of emergency situations
- Great companion book to the Pocket Guide to Emergency First Aid
- Spiral binding lets pages lay flat for easy reading in the field
- Side tabs let you find the right chapter quickly
- Fully waterproof, dirt-proof, tear-proof, wind-proof, kid-proof.
- Pages are made of specially formulated, heat-treated, PVC plastic - polished, resin-coated polyvinylchloride polymer). Pages feature:
- Bright white printing surface - all printing is clear and precise
- Virtual indestructibility - the pages can't rip or tear, and the corners won't bend over
- Flexibility - pages can bend without breaking
- Washable surface - just wipe clean after use or wash in water
- Steel rule die cut with polished edges - the corners won't poke you while in your hand or in your pocket, as often happens with plastic printed materials
- Will not warp, fade or deteriorate. (Keep out of direct sunlight for prolonged periods - nothing can prevent the sun's ultraviolet rays from "yellowing" any kind of paper or plastic. Under normal conditions it will take years of use for these Pocket Guides to "yellow", and even then they will remain clear and perfectly readable!)
Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the wilderness!
- Survival is a specialist field in the world of outdoors skills both practical and mental. Something that becomes more relevant with each passing year as we become more and more detached from the natural world – even those of us with a love of the outdoors.
- What would you do if the worst happened? How would you find your way back if you were lost? Could you survive several days in the wilds, without contact with the outside world ?
- These questions and more will be answered within the pages of this book.
- Outdoors the Scandinavian Way – Survival Skills contains a wealth of practical information, from how we can use the skills and knowledge of indigenous peoples to help us hone our survival skills, to how to build shelter, make fire, procure safe, drinkable water, obtain food, and how to use certain edible plants.
- This is a must read book by one of the world’s great outdoor experts.
Will you be a ready for a dozen different kinds of disasters, including hurricanes, civil unrest, mass shootings, and wildfires?
You want to be prepared for whatever emergencies come your way. While prepping for a dozen different disasters may sound like a daunting task, there’s good news.
Preparing for a wide variety of disasters requires the same basic supplies as preparing for one or two. For each event, there will be some special steps, unique information, and precautions you need to take, along with a few additional supplies, but your essentials will be the same. Learn how to prepare for:
- Winter Storms
- Wildfire Evacuations
- Nuclear Disasters
- Mass Shootings
- Civil Unrest
- Economic Crises
- And More!
With directions, helpful appendices, checklists, and general guidance to getting prepped, this book will get you away from panic and straight to safety.
Now outdoorsman and survivalists can own the official US Army guide to edible plants. Whether you are a stranded soldier, a wilderness hiker, or you just want to know which plants growing in your backyard are edible, this is an invaluable resource.
Anyone who has spent serious time outdoors knows that in survival situations, wild plants are often the only sustenance available. The proper identification of these plants can mean the difference between survival and death.
This book describes habitat and distribution, physical characteristics, and edible parts of wild plants—the key elements of identification.
Hugely important to the book are its color photos. There are over one hundred of them, further simplifying the identification of poisonous and edible plants. No serious outdoors person should ever hit the trail without this book and the knowledge contained within it.