If you’ve ever wanted to learn how to throw knives or tomahawks, look no further than The Ultimate Guide to Knife Throwing. This comprehensive guide is perfect for everyone from novices who have never picked up a knife to seasoned knife and tomahawk throwers looking to compete in their first tournament.
Bobby Branton has been a foremost expert in the field of knife throwing and handcrafting custom throwing knives for over thirty years and shares his expertise here with easy step-by-step directions. Branton shows readers two methods of throwing knives that are most popular with knife throwers today. He will also share his extensive knife-making experience by showing readers how to make a quality throwing knife on a budget.
In addition to improving technical skills, this guide will also give readers a brief history of the sportcovering everyone from the pioneers of the sport to today’s modern impalement artists. This book will give you the tools needed to learn everything from the basics of knife and tomahawk throwing to how to start your own knife and tomahawk throwing club. Readers will learn how to construct targets, learn the basic stance, basic knife and tomahawk grips, and the mechanics of throwing knives and tomahawks. Branton’s guide gives an in-depth look at this fast-growing sport, with a strong emphasis placed on safety.
The Ultimate Guide to Knife Throwing is a must for anyone interested in the sport of knife throwing.
As consumerism and a meat-heavy, processed diet become the norm and the world's population continues to grow at an exponential rate, more and more people are looking toward a more sustainable path for food. Authors Douglas Boudreau and Mykel Hawke believe that the future of food lies in the wild foods of times spanning back to before the mass-agriculture system of today.
People have become distanced from the very systems that provide their food, and younger generations are increasingly unable to identify even the trees in their backyards. In response, Boudreau and Hawke have provided a compendium of wild edible plants in North America. Foraging for Survival is a comprehensive breakdown of different plant species from bearded lichen to taro, and from all over the United States. There are also tips for growing local native plants in the backyard to facilitate learning and enhance table fare at home. Other information you'll find inside:
- A list of different types of edible wild plants
- Foraging techniques
- Bugs and other grubs that can be consumed
- Warning signs of poisonous plants
- And much more!
Whether you're a hiker taking a walk through your local wilderness, or chef looking for new ingredients to incorporate in your dishes, Foraging for Survival is the book for you!
- Sections dealing with all kinds of emergency situations
- Great companion book to the Pocket Guide to Emergency First Aid
- Spiral binding lets pages lay flat for easy reading in the field
- Side tabs let you find the right chapter quickly
- Fully waterproof, dirt-proof, tear-proof, wind-proof, kid-proof.
- Pages are made of specially formulated, heat-treated, PVC plastic - polished, resin-coated polyvinylchloride polymer). Pages feature:
- Bright white printing surface - all printing is clear and precise
- Virtual indestructibility - the pages can't rip or tear, and the corners won't bend over
- Flexibility - pages can bend without breaking
- Washable surface - just wipe clean after use or wash in water
- Steel rule die cut with polished edges - the corners won't poke you while in your hand or in your pocket, as often happens with plastic printed materials
- Will not warp, fade or deteriorate. (Keep out of direct sunlight for prolonged periods - nothing can prevent the sun's ultraviolet rays from "yellowing" any kind of paper or plastic. Under normal conditions it will take years of use for these Pocket Guides to "yellow", and even then they will remain clear and perfectly readable!)
In Paracord!, you'll find step-by-step instructions to take you through every project. Each step is accompanied by a color photo that clearly illustrates the process.
Todd Mikkelsen's Paracord! offers a diverse collection of projects that utilize parachute cords—known around the world as paracord. Used by paratroopers and other military personnel during World War II, this lightweight nylon rope is now one of the most sought-after materials by crafters. Its durability and flexibility make it perfect for creating everyday accessories such as belts, bracelets, buckles, necklaces, dog leashes and collars, key chains, and more. Projects include:
Two-Color Solomon Bar Bracelet
Shark Jaw Bone Bracelit
Locked Half Hitch Bracelet
West Country Whipping Inverted Bracelet
Genoese Quick Deploy Strap
Zipper Quick Deploy Sinnet
Three-VBord Braid Necklace with Breakaway Clasmps
And many more.
As you will see, this rope comes in various colors, from army green to hot pink, making it easy to personalize every type of project. Mikkelsen includes introductory chapters preparing your paracord for crafting, tying different types of knots, and caring for and cleaning your completed paracord projects.
Today's society is one in which we, as individuals, are constantly barraged by the threat of domestic terrorism. The ever-present fear for your safety and the safety of those we love can overwhelm you if you aren’t sure how to protect yourself. Luckily, distinguished combat veteran Brian M. Morris's Green Beret Survival Guide is here to help ease your fears.
Using his firsthand knowledge from the field as a Green Beret, Morris concisely outlines the steps that are necessary towards increasing one’s personal safety. Over the course of several chapters, Morris describes the importance of situational awareness, meaning staying alert, being aware of your surroundings, and understanding the reality of threats that you may face in any given situation. An individual with good situational awareness never takes anything for granted and makes security a part of his or her daily routine. By being observant and practicing several different methods of observation, one can avoid falling prey to terrorist, thieves, and other criminals.