- Plastic container for drinking water storage holds 5 gallons or 22 liters
- Originally designed for the Australian military
- UV stabilized design stands up to extended use outdoors in even the toughest climates
- Features a bayonet closure for leak proof pouring
- Features a textured surface for better grip
Aquamira Water Treatment 1 oz.
Aquamira 1 oz. Water Treatment (Chlorine Dioxide) kills bacteria while enhancing the taste of treated water. Everything you need to treat 30 gallons in the field comes in a compact, lightweight kit and works in virtually every situation. Its so effective, even the CDC recommends Chlorine Dioxide as the most comprehensive water treatment available.
Chlorine dioxide is generated when the Aquamira® Water Treatment comes in contact with water. Chlorine dioxide is iodine and chlorine free. The unique formula works by releasing nascent oxygen, a highly active form of oxygen, which is a strong oxidant and a powerful germicidal agent. Chlorine dioxide has been used by municipal water treatment plants to kill a variety of waterborne pathogens since the late 1940s. Unlike free chlorine (familiar as household bleach) or other halogen chemicals (such as iodine), chlorine dioxide does not create potentially harmful by-products.
Aquamiras key benefits are clearly evident when compared to the other common portable water treatment chemicals such as iodine. Chlorine dioxide is a significantly stronger oxidant than iodine, with greater pathogen killing power. Unlike iodine, chlorine dioxide kills protozoan cysts such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia which are responsible for over 80% of waterborne illnesses. Chlorine Dioxide does not discolor water, nor does it give water an unpleasant taste. In fact, chlorine dioxide is often used to improve the taste of water by neutralizing unpleasant flavors.
Features and Benefits
- Kills odor causing bacteria and enhances the taste of stored potable water
- Treatment has a 4 year shelf life from manufacturing date
- Treats up to 30 gallons
- Easy to Use
- No Aftertaste
- Made in the USA
- EPA Reg. No. 71766-1
|BerkeyBlack Berkey Replacement Elements (set of 2)|
Be campsite ready for anything with the SOL Flat Pack Bucket 10L. The sturdy carrying handle makes hauling water, wood, gear, or dirty dishes at camp less work on your hands. Washing up after a big meal? Pop open this bucket and fill with extra clean water. Cleaning dirt off your gear? Use as a cleaning bucket. Ready to hit the road? Collapse and pack this bucket flat. Any campsite meal or mess can easily be tackled when you have the right tools for the job.
- Easy to Collapse and Store Compactly: Simply collapse when not in use to store flat
- Haul It All: Keep clean water, collect wood, or clean your gear with 10L at your disposal
- Sturdy Carrying Handle: Haul your supplies with ease with a sturdy carrying handle
- Durable PP Mid-Section: Don’t worry, this bucket is made to last with a durable PP
- Survival Filter Straw
- 3 - 1L Stand Up Bag
- 2 - 610mm x 762mm Plastic Bags
- 6 Water Purification Tablets
- 6 Coffee Filters
- 10ml Syringe
- Compressed Sponge
- 5' Tubing
- Metal Bowl
- 28g Activated Charcoal
- 2 Mesh Bags
- 2 Foil Sheets
- 3 Compressed Towels
- Survival Instruction Sheet
- Resealable Waterproof Bag