More than 100 Remedies and Recipes for Vibrant Health!
Packed with step-by-step instructions to make your own herbal remedies, simple recipes for cooking with herbs and spices, and beautiful photographs, this might be the most comprehensive guide to natural remedies ever published. Here readers can learn about alternative medicine and homeopathic approaches, aromatherapy and essential oils, and much, much more.
- Natural Healing for Common Ailments
- Cooking with Superfoods
- Juices & Cleanses
- Edible Wild Plants
- Planning an Herb Garden
- Everyday Treatments for Women & Children
- Natural Cleansers for the Home
- Homemade Non-Toxic Cosmetics
- Revitalizing Tinctures & Shots
- Anti-Inflammatory Foods
Take charge of your family's health and well-being with this comprehensive guide.
- Sections dealing with all kinds of emergency situations
- Great companion book to the Pocket Guide to Emergency First Aid
- Spiral binding lets pages lay flat for easy reading in the field
- Side tabs let you find the right chapter quickly
- Fully waterproof, dirt-proof, tear-proof, wind-proof, kid-proof.
- Pages are made of specially formulated, heat-treated, PVC plastic - polished, resin-coated polyvinylchloride polymer). Pages feature:
- Bright white printing surface - all printing is clear and precise
- Virtual indestructibility - the pages can't rip or tear, and the corners won't bend over
- Flexibility - pages can bend without breaking
- Washable surface - just wipe clean after use or wash in water
- Steel rule die cut with polished edges - the corners won't poke you while in your hand or in your pocket, as often happens with plastic printed materials
- Will not warp, fade or deteriorate. (Keep out of direct sunlight for prolonged periods - nothing can prevent the sun's ultraviolet rays from "yellowing" any kind of paper or plastic. Under normal conditions it will take years of use for these Pocket Guides to "yellow", and even then they will remain clear and perfectly readable!)
In Bushcraft Survival, Pantenburg delivers practical tips and anecdotes that cater to readers who are looking to improve their outdoor skills and prepare for every potential disaster. Drawing from his personal experience as an avid outdoorsman and years as a journalist, Pantenburg lays out easy-to-follow steps to prep for both short and long-term survival situations.
As natural disasters become increasingly present and people continue to rely on reality television shows for survival tips, developing bushcraft abilities is becoming more and more important. In this thorough handbook, Pantenburg covers a wide range of topics, including:
- Developing a survival mindset
- Crafting survival kits
- Choosing clothing best suited to survival
- Picking materials and objects to help you survive
- Building a variety of shelters
- Deciding what survival tools you should pack and which you should leave at home
- Effectively make a fire using different techniques
Filled with time-tested techniques and first-hand experience, Bushcraft Survival is the ideal book for those who want to step up their hiking or camping game, as well as those who are searching for relevant advice on emergency preparedness.
In the chaos of a survival situation, firearms will be important tools for protecting yourself, your family, and your supplies as well as for hunting animals for food. In A Prepper’s Guide to Shotguns, Robert K. Campbell discusses the best shotguns to have with you in any confrontation—including the end of the world as we know it. Shotguns that are easy to carry and lightweight and that shoot accurately and reliably at close ranges are ideal candidates for personal protection. In A Prepper’s Guide to Shotguns, Campbell explores specific shotguns that are appropriate for urban, rural, and suburban environments, with tips on how to use them in each context. Whether at home or in a survival scenario, these shotguns are the best for defense. A Prepper’s Guide to Shotguns not only reviews the specific features of defensive shotguns but how to use them—whether on the move, in a defensive situation, while retreating, or in other circumstances. Campbell also offers expert tips on how to improve your marksmanship, how to maintain your firearms, crucial gun safety rules, what ammo and optics to purchase, and more.
As consumerism and a meat-heavy, processed diet become the norm and the world's population continues to grow at an exponential rate, more and more people are looking toward a more sustainable path for food. Authors Douglas Boudreau and Mykel Hawke believe that the future of food lies in the wild foods of times spanning back to before the mass-agriculture system of today.
People have become distanced from the very systems that provide their food, and younger generations are increasingly unable to identify even the trees in their backyards. In response, Boudreau and Hawke have provided a compendium of wild edible plants in North America. Foraging for Survival is a comprehensive breakdown of different plant species from bearded lichen to taro, and from all over the United States. There are also tips for growing local native plants in the backyard to facilitate learning and enhance table fare at home. Other information you'll find inside:
- A list of different types of edible wild plants
- Foraging techniques
- Bugs and other grubs that can be consumed
- Warning signs of poisonous plants
- And much more!
Whether you're a hiker taking a walk through your local wilderness, or chef looking for new ingredients to incorporate in your dishes, Foraging for Survival is the book for you!
In Paracord!, you'll find step-by-step instructions to take you through every project. Each step is accompanied by a color photo that clearly illustrates the process.
Todd Mikkelsen's Paracord! offers a diverse collection of projects that utilize parachute cords—known around the world as paracord. Used by paratroopers and other military personnel during World War II, this lightweight nylon rope is now one of the most sought-after materials by crafters. Its durability and flexibility make it perfect for creating everyday accessories such as belts, bracelets, buckles, necklaces, dog leashes and collars, key chains, and more. Projects include:
Two-Color Solomon Bar Bracelet
Shark Jaw Bone Bracelit
Locked Half Hitch Bracelet
West Country Whipping Inverted Bracelet
Genoese Quick Deploy Strap
Zipper Quick Deploy Sinnet
Three-VBord Braid Necklace with Breakaway Clasmps
And many more.
As you will see, this rope comes in various colors, from army green to hot pink, making it easy to personalize every type of project. Mikkelsen includes introductory chapters preparing your paracord for crafting, tying different types of knots, and caring for and cleaning your completed paracord projects.