Sparks fly when the UCO Survival Fire Striker is used with its stainless steel striker. This fire starter has many uses and can ignite tinder or be used to light a campfire, gas stove or gas barbeque. The robust Ferrocerium rod is capable of 3,000 strikes (at 5400 degrees F) in all conditions (at all altitudes and in cold weather).
It also comes with a stainless steel striker which also is a multifunctional survival tool with 8 functions. Functions include screwdriver, bottle opener, 4 hex sizes and striker.
The bright sparks from the Fire Striker can also be used as an emergency signal. Finally it's all held together with a Paracord lanyard connected to both pieces.
- 3,000+ Strike Ferrocerium Rod
- Includes 8 Function Multi-tool Striker
- Includes Paracord Lanyard
FERRO ROD SPECIFICATIONS
- Weight: 1 oz. (29g)
- Dimensions: Length 3 in.
- Lifetime: 3,000 strikes
- QUALITY DESIGN: Exotac's fireROD is CNC machined, in-house from a USA high-grade 6061 anodized aluminum body for rugged protection and durability.
- TINDER STORAGE CAPSULE: The waterproof housing offers a secure internal threading with an O-ring for additional protection against moisture. Store tinder of your choice in this multifunctional tool.
- 5/16” FERRO ROD: The fireROD ferrocerium rod measures 5/16" in diameter and is able to be threaded into the handle of your fireROD for continuous use while making campfires, lighting the stove, or other survival essentials.
- DESIGNED FOR OUTDOOR SURVIVAL: The refillable ferro rods are meant to be used with any bushcraft knife to spark a fire while camping, hiking or backpacking. Use for up to 5,000 fire starting strikes.
- MADE IN THE USA: All of our products are beautifully designed, masterfully machined, and hand-finished in the USA
made in USA
After the outstanding response we received with the Standard Peanut Lighter our staff members wondered what could be done to make it better.
Here's what we came up with to improve it:
- Manufacture it out of 300 Series Stainless Steel
- Make it smaller (about .5'' x 1.9")
- Make it flat on the end so it can be used as an candle in an emergency.
- Removable lighter insert allows it to be used as a waterproof stainless steel pill vial
The Fire Building Card Collection outlines step-by-step how to successfully build a fire in the outdoors. Part of the Learn and Live Card Collection, the Fire Building Card collection is a learning tool.
- A great tool to learn the basics of starting a fire in the outdoors
- Step-by-step instructions with photographic illustrations
- Eight informative cards are attached with a grommet so all cards stay together
- Waterproof for durable, outdoor referencing
Made In USA
Constructed of 300 Series Stainless Steel with a overall height with out the split ring is 1.3" and it's diameter is .5". Like it's big brother the "Peanut Lighter", the Split Pea is sure to become very popular due to their ability to be carried in your pants pocket or stored with your camping equipment for a long period of time without the fluid drying out. These lighters use standard liquid lighter fluid that you will need to add on your own.
All Split Peas ship with a spare "O" Ring.
- Watertight Case 1.0
- Water-resistant carrying case
- Learn & Live Fire Building Cards
- Reference guide outlining step-by-step how to successfully build a fire
- A compact, high-performance ferro rod fire starter
- Light-Me Tinder (4)
- Small, fibrous fire starting tinder pieces