Food, Water, First Aid, and Self-Defense Tips for Surviving Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather, Pandemics, Biological Threats, Terrorist Attacks, and Riots
It could be a fire, flood, hurricane, tornado, or hailstorm. Financial system collapse or bioterrorism. Governmental shutdown or societal breakdown. The world is full of possible threats, and they seem to be coming at us from all sides these days. Jason Ryder Adams covers everything you need to know prepare your home, keep your family safe, and get ready to leave if the worst happens. You’ll learn how to:
- Prep with children and pets (and do test runs ahead of time)
- Plan for staying put, sealing yourself in, and leaving depending on the threat
- Choose and protect a safe location and develop an escape route
- Defend your family with self-defense training and firearms
- Put together a 72-hour emergency kit, bug-out bag, and first aid kit
So don’t panic—prepare! Prepping today is for everyone. Survival Prepping is written for ordinary folks who want to get started on preparing for the worst. Adams shares bug-out plans for every scenario, safety tips, and invaluable checklists for acquiring the right supplies for emergency situations. Survival Prepping will help you ensure your family survives—and hopefully thrives—should a disaster strike.
Knife and Tomahawk Throwing by Harry K. McEvoy. 28 pages.
Disaster can strike at any time with no warning. Most people aren’t forward-thinking enough to prepare for the worst, and others simply don’t have the skills needed to successfully prepare. That’s where Badass Preppers Handbook comes in. Covering a wide variety of disaster scenarios with detailed instructions for what you need to do in each one, this book will help you to be ready for anything in no time at all. Learn such things as:
How to fortify your home
How to preserve and store food and water for years
What should go in your bug-out” bag
How to cook off the grid
What firearms and ammo will best help you survive the apocalypse
With this ultimate guide in disaster survival, you’ll be ready to protect yourself, your family, your neighbors, and your pets, no matter what the disaster is.
Many have died in the Australian bush who might have lived had they known the appropriate survival skills. Bushcraft covers all areas of survival and camping activities: making ropes and cords, building huts, camp craft, finding food and water, making maps, starting fires, tying knots, and fashioning hunting and trapping gear virtually every technique required to stay alive in the woods. With over 400 black-and-white illustrations and photographs, this book explains how to make use of natural materials found locally in any area, conserving instead of destroying native Flora and fauna. It describes many of the skills used by primitive man, adding to these the skills necessary for modern man's survival, such as methods for determining time and direction. By developing adaptability and honing the five senses, it will also improve your self-esteem and your ability to overcome difficulties in everyday tasks. Bushcraft is a clear, accurate, and reliable resource for anyone who wishes to face nature on its own terms with just a knife and this book.
- Sections dealing with all kinds of emergency situations
- Great companion book to the Pocket Guide to Emergency First Aid
- Spiral binding lets pages lay flat for easy reading in the field
- Side tabs let you find the right chapter quickly
- Fully waterproof, dirt-proof, tear-proof, wind-proof, kid-proof.
- Pages are made of specially formulated, heat-treated, PVC plastic - polished, resin-coated polyvinylchloride polymer). Pages feature:
- Bright white printing surface - all printing is clear and precise
- Virtual indestructibility - the pages can't rip or tear, and the corners won't bend over
- Flexibility - pages can bend without breaking
- Washable surface - just wipe clean after use or wash in water
- Steel rule die cut with polished edges - the corners won't poke you while in your hand or in your pocket, as often happens with plastic printed materials
- Will not warp, fade or deteriorate. (Keep out of direct sunlight for prolonged periods - nothing can prevent the sun's ultraviolet rays from "yellowing" any kind of paper or plastic. Under normal conditions it will take years of use for these Pocket Guides to "yellow", and even then they will remain clear and perfectly readable!)
Camp Cooking covers it all: from meat, to fish, to vegetables, baked goods and sauces. Fred Bouwman explains it all in easy-to-follow steps. This information has been tested and retested in the field. Much of it is just not available anywhere else and Bouwman lets his expertise run wild here. Chapters include information on building campfires that are serviceable for cooking, selecting the best camp stove, utensils, and how to pack and carry a camp "kitchen." Bouwman also looks at the myths and the facts of safe water purification while camping, and teaches methods for safely purifying your water supply. The book closes with a great section on selecting using the wide selection of foods available to today's camper.