In Paracord!, you'll find step-by-step instructions to take you through every project. Each step is accompanied by a color photo that clearly illustrates the process.
Todd Mikkelsen's Paracord! offers a diverse collection of projects that utilize parachute cords—known around the world as paracord. Used by paratroopers and other military personnel during World War II, this lightweight nylon rope is now one of the most sought-after materials by crafters. Its durability and flexibility make it perfect for creating everyday accessories such as belts, bracelets, buckles, necklaces, dog leashes and collars, key chains, and more. Projects include:
Two-Color Solomon Bar Bracelet
Shark Jaw Bone Bracelit
Locked Half Hitch Bracelet
West Country Whipping Inverted Bracelet
Genoese Quick Deploy Strap
Zipper Quick Deploy Sinnet
Three-VBord Braid Necklace with Breakaway Clasmps
And many more.
As you will see, this rope comes in various colors, from army green to hot pink, making it easy to personalize every type of project. Mikkelsen includes introductory chapters preparing your paracord for crafting, tying different types of knots, and caring for and cleaning your completed paracord projects.
Knife and Tomahawk Throwing by Harry K. McEvoy. 28 pages.
This is a full-color edition of the very first Boy Scouts Handbook, complete with the wonderful vintage advertisements that accompanied the original1911 edition, Over 40 million copies in print!
The original Boy Scouts Handbook standardized American scouting and emphasized the virtues and qualifications for scouting, delineating what the American Boy Scouts declared was needed to be a “well-developed, well-informed boy.” The book includes information on:
- The organization of scouting
- Signs and signaling
- Scouting games
- Description of scouting honors.
Scouts past and present will be fascinated to see how scouting has changed, as well as what has stayed the same over the years.
In the chaos of a survival situation, firearms will be important tools for protecting yourself, your family, and your supplies as well as for hunting animals for food. In A Prepper’s Guide to Shotguns, Robert K. Campbell discusses the best shotguns to have with you in any confrontation—including the end of the world as we know it. Shotguns that are easy to carry and lightweight and that shoot accurately and reliably at close ranges are ideal candidates for personal protection. In A Prepper’s Guide to Shotguns, Campbell explores specific shotguns that are appropriate for urban, rural, and suburban environments, with tips on how to use them in each context. Whether at home or in a survival scenario, these shotguns are the best for defense. A Prepper’s Guide to Shotguns not only reviews the specific features of defensive shotguns but how to use them—whether on the move, in a defensive situation, while retreating, or in other circumstances. Campbell also offers expert tips on how to improve your marksmanship, how to maintain your firearms, crucial gun safety rules, what ammo and optics to purchase, and more.
Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the wilderness!
- Survival is a specialist field in the world of outdoors skills both practical and mental. Something that becomes more relevant with each passing year as we become more and more detached from the natural world – even those of us with a love of the outdoors.
- What would you do if the worst happened? How would you find your way back if you were lost? Could you survive several days in the wilds, without contact with the outside world ?
- These questions and more will be answered within the pages of this book.
- Outdoors the Scandinavian Way – Survival Skills contains a wealth of practical information, from how we can use the skills and knowledge of indigenous peoples to help us hone our survival skills, to how to build shelter, make fire, procure safe, drinkable water, obtain food, and how to use certain edible plants.
- This is a must read book by one of the world’s great outdoor experts.
In Bushcraft Survival, Pantenburg delivers practical tips and anecdotes that cater to readers who are looking to improve their outdoor skills and prepare for every potential disaster. Drawing from his personal experience as an avid outdoorsman and years as a journalist, Pantenburg lays out easy-to-follow steps to prep for both short and long-term survival situations.
As natural disasters become increasingly present and people continue to rely on reality television shows for survival tips, developing bushcraft abilities is becoming more and more important. In this thorough handbook, Pantenburg covers a wide range of topics, including:
- Developing a survival mindset
- Crafting survival kits
- Choosing clothing best suited to survival
- Picking materials and objects to help you survive
- Building a variety of shelters
- Deciding what survival tools you should pack and which you should leave at home
- Effectively make a fire using different techniques
Filled with time-tested techniques and first-hand experience, Bushcraft Survival is the ideal book for those who want to step up their hiking or camping game, as well as those who are searching for relevant advice on emergency preparedness.