The world is changing before our very eyes. Today we deal with serious social, political, economic, and environmental issues that affect our everyday lives. With this change we must adapt, and by adapt we mean be prepared to survive when things go south and society crumbles.
Len McDougall has spent his entire life—almost sixty years—learning the nuts and bolts of staying alive under adverse conditions. And now more than ever will we need to take his lessons seriously, as understanding what to expect and how to adapt will increase the odds for survival.
The Ultimate Sh*t Hits the Fan Survival Guide is just that. Featuring methods that have been personally tested through hard, field-proven experiences, you will learn everything needed to survive when things fall apart and you’re left to fend for yourself.
Included in this book are many lessons on survival, including:
The best method of starting a fire.
Obtaining portable water from any body of water or stream without using tools, fire, or chemicals.
The simplest method for catching a meal.
Surviving in possible combat, whether through weapon training or hand-to-hand.
And so much more.
Times are indeed changing, and it’s now a necessity to be prepared for whatever obstacles may come your way. The Ultimate Sh*t Hits the Fan Survival Guide is just that; a collection of tips, tricks, lessons, and knowledge from a professional survivalist that will make sure you will not only survive, but thrive when catastrophe strikes.
- Sections dealing with all kinds of emergency situations
- Great companion book to the Pocket Guide to Emergency First Aid
- Spiral binding lets pages lay flat for easy reading in the field
- Side tabs let you find the right chapter quickly
- Fully waterproof, dirt-proof, tear-proof, wind-proof, kid-proof.
- Pages are made of specially formulated, heat-treated, PVC plastic - polished, resin-coated polyvinylchloride polymer). Pages feature:
- Bright white printing surface - all printing is clear and precise
- Virtual indestructibility - the pages can't rip or tear, and the corners won't bend over
- Flexibility - pages can bend without breaking
- Washable surface - just wipe clean after use or wash in water
- Steel rule die cut with polished edges - the corners won't poke you while in your hand or in your pocket, as often happens with plastic printed materials
- Will not warp, fade or deteriorate. (Keep out of direct sunlight for prolonged periods - nothing can prevent the sun's ultraviolet rays from "yellowing" any kind of paper or plastic. Under normal conditions it will take years of use for these Pocket Guides to "yellow", and even then they will remain clear and perfectly readable!)
Learn how to navigate without a compass, even when it seems impossible!
Whether we are walking or driving, whether in the woods, on the water, or in the city, it&;s vital that we know where we are and are able to find our way around. But with society&;s current dependence on modern tools and technology, many persons would have no idea how to navigate without a compass or GPS. In an emergency situation, that lack of knowledge could easily prove fatal.
In The Ultimate Guide to Navigating without a Compass, survival expert Christopher Nyerges provides readers with all the skills that they may need to navigate naturally. The book begins by describing the meaning of natural navigation, and then moves on to describe, in detail, the methods of natural navigation, including using the sun, the stars, the moon, and shadows. Additional topics include:
- How to read a map
- How to make a sun dial
- How to make a star dial
- How to use clouds to predict weather patterns
- How to track celestial changes
- How to gauge time through natural observation
- And much more!
With helpful diagrams, illustrations, and sidebars, The Ultimate Guide to Navigating without a Compass is the fundamental reference book for learning how to navigate by natural methods.
Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the wilderness!
- Survival is a specialist field in the world of outdoors skills both practical and mental. Something that becomes more relevant with each passing year as we become more and more detached from the natural world – even those of us with a love of the outdoors.
- What would you do if the worst happened? How would you find your way back if you were lost? Could you survive several days in the wilds, without contact with the outside world ?
- These questions and more will be answered within the pages of this book.
- Outdoors the Scandinavian Way – Survival Skills contains a wealth of practical information, from how we can use the skills and knowledge of indigenous peoples to help us hone our survival skills, to how to build shelter, make fire, procure safe, drinkable water, obtain food, and how to use certain edible plants.
- This is a must read book by one of the world’s great outdoor experts.
Over 200,000 copies sold—fully updated! Dye your own wool, raise chickens, make your own cheddar cheese, build a log cabin, and much much more.
Anyone who wants to learn basic living skills—the kind employed by our forefathers—and adapt them for a better life in the twenty-first century need look no further than this eminently useful, full-color guide.
Countless readers have turned to Back to Basics for inspiration and instruction, escaping to an era before power saws and fast-food restaurants and rediscovering the pleasures and challenges of a healthier, greener, and more self-sufficient lifestyle.
Now newly updated, the hundreds of projects, step-by-step sequences, photographs, charts, and illustrations in Back to Basics will help you dye your own wool with plant pigments, graft trees, raise chickens, craft a hutch table with hand tools, and make treats such as blueberry peach jam and cheddar cheese. The truly ambitious will find instructions on how to build a log cabin or an adobe brick homestead.
More than just practical advice, this is also a book for dreamers—even if you live in a city apartment, you will find your imagination sparked, and there’s no reason why you can’t, for example, make a loom and weave a rag rug. Complete with tips for old-fashioned fun (square dancing calls, homemade toys, and kayaking tips), this may be the most thorough book on voluntary simplicity available.
Will you be a ready for a dozen different kinds of disasters, including hurricanes, civil unrest, mass shootings, and wildfires?
You want to be prepared for whatever emergencies come your way. While prepping for a dozen different disasters may sound like a daunting task, there’s good news.
Preparing for a wide variety of disasters requires the same basic supplies as preparing for one or two. For each event, there will be some special steps, unique information, and precautions you need to take, along with a few additional supplies, but your essentials will be the same. Learn how to prepare for:
- Winter Storms
- Wildfire Evacuations
- Nuclear Disasters
- Mass Shootings
- Civil Unrest
- Economic Crises
- And More!
With directions, helpful appendices, checklists, and general guidance to getting prepped, this book will get you away from panic and straight to safety.